Hackpads are smart collaborative documents. .

Dave Reid

834 days ago
Unfiled. Edited by Dave Reid 834 days ago
Activity comments Seems to have fallen flat A lot more recent activity and releases. Embed
Tests? Extensive unit tests Extensive unit tests Both
Demo code (would need removal) No Yes (but should be ignored) Both
 
860 days ago
Unfiled. Edited by Dave Reid 860 days ago
If you're interested in this project, have any issues or want to discuss any of the aspects, feel free to ping 'cs_shadow' or 'davereid' or 'slashrsm' in '#drupal-media' or join '#drupal-media'.
 
If you're interested in this project, have any issues or want to discuss any of the aspects, feel free to ping 'cs_shadow' or 'davereid' or 'slashrsm' in '#drupal-media' or join '#drupal-media'.
 
If you're interested in this project, have any issues or want to discuss any of the aspects, feel free to ping 'cs_shadow' or 'davereid' or 'slashrsm' in '#drupal-media' or join '#drupal-media'.
 
999 days ago
Unfiled. Edited by Dave Reid 999 days ago
  • Basically, if the user pastes an URL in the WYSIWYG like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ  we should be able to turn it into an "embed" using the HTML syntax listed at the first part of the "Embed components" section.
 
1017 days ago
Unfiled. Edited by Dave Reid 1017 days ago
 
  • Goals
Provide a framework for various different types of 'embedded things' in WYSIWYG editors, common functionality, interfaces, and standards.
 
 
1054 days ago
Unfiled. Edited by Dave Reid 1054 days ago
Dave R 2014-08-05
The weekly recurring stand-up meeting for the Drupal Media team to discuss our individual progress and blockers, as well as discussion about any general Media Initiative topics and events. Please come chat and participate in the #drupal-media IRC channel along with us!
 
 
  • Agenda
  • Architecture review:
  •  
 
  • Issue(s) of the week
 
  • Action Items
  •  
Brandon N
  • Label is trimmed version of body. Do we want to hide the label on the node? Would love suggestions for a better display in the user stories list. 
Dave R
  • Can we trim the title to more of a length of like 80 characters? Or should we not 
  • Can we hide the revision fieldset for non-admins?
  • Should we make a default status field value of 'Pending' or 'Needs review' so that there is a value by default instead of nothing?
 
  • Upcoming Events
 
  • Meeting Notes
10:34 AM <davereid> Who has an update to give?
10:34 AM <fatguylaughing> Hello
10:34 AM <Druplicon> que tal
10:34 AM — davereid will post IRC log to 2014 08 05 afterwards
10:34 AM <slashrsm> hi
10:34 AM <Druplicon> eh oh
10:35 AM <willyk> davereid: some additional user stories came in via Acquia customer use cases that arose
10:35 AM — wizonesolutions thought davereid got hacked, but it was just a legit announcement
10:35 AM <davereid> wizonesolutions: just getting attention, it worked :)
10:35 AM <davereid> willyk: great, are those submitted via the website?
10:35 AM <davereid> willyk: want to summarize?
10:36 AM <willyk> davereid: I can work to get them added/suggested, but the use storied related to cropping, rotating and some basic image editing that are a common use case we’ll should likely consider
10:37 AM <steinmb1> .
10:37 AM <brantwynn> willyk++
10:37 AM <davereid> willyk: that would be great. yeah we definitely want to make sure that would be possible in all places
10:37 AM <davereid> slashrsm: want to give a summary/update from the zurich sprint?
10:37 AM <slashrsm> sure
10:37 AM <willyk> davereid: an additional user story also arose again that was focused on out-of-the-box parity with Wordpress (we could likely achieve this with an add-on module w/basic config)
10:37 AM <slashrsm> we worked on few core issues
10:37 AM <slashrsm> the ones that are on Amserdam list + few others
10:38 AM <slashrsm> started fallback_formatter port
10:38 AM <slashrsm> some progress with entity_browser
10:38 AM <slashrsm> started file_entity port
10:38 AM <slashrsm> and fixed some stuff in media_entity
10:38 AM <slashrsm> so pretty productive
10:38 AM <slashrsm> I am planning to write a blog post about it today or tomorrow
10:38 AM <davereid> slashrsm: yay! a blog post would be great
10:39 AM <davereid> willyk: what is that other user story?
10:40 AM <davereid> slashrsm++
10:40 AM <davereid> miro_dietiker++
10:40 AM <willyk> davereid: yes, those are the 2 (although the first we may needed to break out into a few)
10:40 AM <willyk> davereid: we also started planning an NYC media event for either late Oct or Nov, aim will be to raise awareness support/funds (we ruled out doing it in summer or sep)
10:42 AM <brantwynn> lobbying to work on willyk's aforementioned user stories - should pick up after D8 beta1 and some other internal blockers created by clients are clear
10:44 AM <davereid> brantwynn: sounds great
10:44 AM <davereid> willyk: awesome!
10:44 AM <devincarlson> davereid: fixed an upgrade path issue with Media and a compatibility issue with IE10. finished transitioning from a contractor to a FTE at Acquia now that they have a Canadian branch and started a new position today so I should finally have more time for media. :)
10:44 AM <davereid> willyk: just an FYI the only conflict for me is the week of Nov 10
10:45 AM <davereid> devincarlson: yay, that's great news! congrats!
10:45 AM <brantwynn> devincarlson++
10:45 AM <davereid> devincarlson++
10:45 AM <davereid> acquia++
10:46 AM <kmoll> I was on vacation for the last week and out of the loop, looking to get back into the entity_browser with slashrsm, Also not confirmed, but looks like I will be in Amsterdam for Drupalcon
10:46 AM <slashrsm> kmoll: cool
10:46 AM <slashrsm> anyone alreday planning BADCamp?
10:47 AM <willyk> davereid: I don’t think you guys would need to attend, or that everyone would need to present remotely. We were just hoping to have 1-2 people present an update remotely to the group. The audience would ideally be a collection of LSD & media companies/partners. We’d also have another live presentation.
10:47 AM <steinmb> devincarlson: Did you see my mail regarding media_flickr?
10:47 AM <willyk> devincarlson: can you send me an email re Amsterdam funding and we’ll work to get that coordinated
10:48 AM <willyk> slashsrm: I will be at BADCamp and can help with planning/organizing and raising funds to ensure the full team can attend to sprint
10:49 AM <devincarlson> steinmb: yes, I was reviewing the queue last night, just haven't had time to reply to the issue. I'm not a big Media: Flickr user so it would be great to get some help.
10:49 AM <devincarlson> willyk: sure thing!
10:49 AM <miro_dietiker> davereid++ thx for reviewing our ports like fallback_formatter
10:50 AM <davereid> miro_dietiker: thanks for your team's hard work on those ports!
10:51 AM <miro_dietiker> davereid: We are still pushing file_entity forward this week and will go for this approach in our minimalistic Drupal 8 project.
10:51 AM <brantwynn> davereid: file_image_formatters working great in D7, we'll be using immediately
10:51 AM <slashrsm> willyk: cool, I am asking since it means lower travel costs if I plan in advance
10:51 AM <miro_dietiker> davereid: We will write a status blogpost including our decisions after our extended "media" sprint time.
10:51 AM <davereid> are we going to be attempting to get everyone together for badcamp?
10:52 AM <willyk> slashrsm: davreid: agreed, my suggestion would be that we plan on getting together everyone who wants to attend
10:52 AM <miro_dietiker> that blogpost might take a few weeks ;-)
10:52 AM <brantwynn> i am pushing for BADCamp attendance for myself, Tim Plunkett and Brian Wald from our Acquia demo team
10:53 AM <davereid> miro_dietiker: sounds good. let me know how I can help with that or if you want a lookover before posting
10:54 AM <willyk> davereid: the NYC Camp team committed to help the media team get together as desired at these annual milestones: DCon US, DCon EU, BADCamp, NYC Camp, and Dev Days consistently for the next 2-3 years
10:54 AM <slashrsm> willyk++
10:55 AM <willyk> davereid: As long as we plan in advance, we can keep it affordable and allow key team members to connect face-to-face regularly
10:55 AM <brantwynn> NYCCamp++
10:55 AM <brantwynn> willyk++
10:55 AM <davereid> willyk: that sounds great, I didn't know that it was official!
10:56 AM <willyk> davereid: WRT to the 2-3 year timeline, we figured it’ll take this year to do the initial D8 work, next year to backport for D7, and the following year to start setting the roadamp for D9 or geting into D8 core (i.e., the long term fix)
10:56 AM — davereid may need small assistance with badcamp, but not sure yet
10:57 AM <willyk> davereid: y, we discussed on the NYC Camp call last night and it’s in the budgets we’ve been working on — the sooner we can get a sense of costs the better
10:59 AM <davereid> just an update from me, I've been working with pameeela about helping offload some of the PM-style tasks from my plate, like scheduling around scrums
10:59 AM <willyk> davereid: our view is the their is a disproportianate number of client in NYC that will benefit from this and an opportunity to invovle them in the process and various ways to encourage them to help fund it — e.g., NBC, CBS, Time-Life, Hearst, Rodale, Maxim/Alpha, Warner Music, Sony Music, A&E, MLS, NBA, many publishers, etc., etc. … to many to list
10:59 AM <davereid> and we're looking for an alternate scrum time so that we can involve more people in asia/australia timezones
10:59 AM <davereid> all: please fill out http://doodle.com/i7sn8rx8vi39chdr
...
1075 days ago
Unfiled. Edited by Dave Reid 1075 days ago
  • How do we handle the last-resort option of 'download the file locally'? I feel like this is unclear behavior to the user, and for large files, which would be easily unknown to the user if the files are that large, could result in timeouts.
  • Do we let the user pick what should happen when one or more plugins match? For example "Download file locally" or "Use remote file" (if remote_stream_wrapper) was enabled.
  • How do we allow embed codes to be pasted? Should it be a completely separate widget?
Dave R
  •  No embed code support. Just leave it out for now. See note below about oEmbedFile plugin implementation being out of scope.
 
  • oEmbedFile: Fetches the URL using oEmbed
  • Let's leave this integration out by default. I think the Embed module MVP will not include stream wrappers. I'm sure we'll probably need this in some kind of embed_local_file module for the people that want to have a YouTube video in their file fields, that would contain the stream wrappers and File URL widget provider plugin.
 
1075 days ago
Unfiled. Edited by Dave Reid , Miro Dietiker 1075 days ago
  • We now have our own Hackpad "workspace" at drupalmedia.hackpad.com! This should help things be a little more organized and seems to actually be faster than the default Hackpad site. I don't really see any need for using Google docs for anything at this time, so I'm going to shut off access to it.
 
 
  • Dave to make g.d.o post about alternate meeting time and Hangout On Air vs IRC options.
  • Start formulating architecture plans for more D8 modules
Brandon N
  • Label is trimmed version of body. Do we want to hide the label on the node? Would love suggestions for a better display in the user stories list. 
Dave R
  • Can we trim the title to more of a length of like 80 characters? Or should we not 
  • Can we hide the revision fieldset for non-admins?
  • Should we make a default status field value of 'Pending' or 'Needs review' so that there is a value by default instead of nothing?
  • Create Trello board for the Zurich sprint and load with sprint tasks
  •  
 
 
 
  • Meeting Notes
  • Created private hackpad
  • Created Amsterdam blog post so that it could be linked ahead of time
 
Chandan
  • Working on entity_embed
 
Janez
  • Enjoyed quiet time in the mountains!
  • Australians are quite interested in an alternate time, let's start going with it next week.
 
Kevin
  • Reviewed the entity_browser architecture, nothing really jumped out
  • Reached out to TIME about contributing back their media code, haven't heard back yet. Will also be talking Willy.
 
Sascha and Miro
Miro D
  • Gaining overview this week on the status and how to meet our project requirements. Identify missing pieces.
  • Preparing sprint goals this week with Janez
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Contact Support



Please check out our How-to Guide and FAQ first to see if your question is already answered! :)

If you have a feature request, please add it to this pad. Thanks!


Log in